Thursday, April 2, 2009

Apple Cider Vinegar...doesn't taste that bad really!

After hearing raves and reviews and reading up on Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) I decided to get some from Whole Foods. Here is a good website on the wonders of ACV:
http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benefits.com/index.html
If you click on all the different sections on the left hand side of the page, you can read up on how ACV can be used.

On Monday I started taking it 3 times a day, a tsp each time so it equals a TBSP. I personally cannot drink this in a cup of water like this website recommends without gagging, but putting some water in my mouth and then putting a tsp of ACV and swallowing follwed up by a water chaser gets it down fast and with little stinging. The taste has grown on me though and now I don't even need to plug my nose while taking it.

If you do want to try it in a cup of water, you can throw in some honey but since that isn't really vegan I threw in some Agave Nectar to sweeten it up. It was rough for me to get down but I think ater a few more weeks I will be totally used to the taste and be able to do this.

So why am I doing this? First I want to do a natural and very light detox. Second, I suffer from IBS and while I have that under control with proper diet and exercise and stress relief techniques, I find my digestion still isn't up to par and I have often wondered if I suffered from Candida. Taking ACV will help to remove the bad bacteria from your intestines which causes Candida and I plan on replacing the bad with probiotics to increase the good bacteria in my intestines and stomach. So for this week I am strictly taking the ACV and then next week I will start taking probiotics during the day to help increase the good bacteria in my system.

So what have I noticed so far while taking the ACV? Quite a few things:
1. I am always warm where as I used to be cold all of the time. I don't think I like this but I think the ACV is speeding up my metabolism and maybe my circulation? Not sure.
2. I go to the bathroom a lot more frequently and I am not talking about #1. Twice a day seems to be the norm since I started this.
3. My digestion is so much better! My food properly digests, I have way less gas then I used to have and I feel hungry as opposed to the typical way I used to feel: possibly hungry or is that an upset stomach?
4. I have a little more energy despite my insomnia issues. I am not sleeping the best yet I feel better during the day.

That is it so far and it has only been 4 whole days. I am very excited to see what ACV has in store for me down the road.

And I also got my fiance hooked on it as well. He hates the taste but wants more regularity in his life. So far so good for him!

2 comments:

  1. My nails are incredibly long, strong, and fast growing now. Pls post in a few weeks if this happens to you as well. Oh, and my hair is growing quite fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will update you Sobe! The last two days I have been starving and cannot eat enough. I wonder if this is because of improved digestion? I don't like feeling like I can't eat enough but I like feeling hunger again. :) Did you experience this?

    ReplyDelete