Tuesday, March 31, 2009

About Me

Hello and welcome to my new blog! I have never blogged before but think it will be fun to blog about vegetarian/vegan finds, recipes and makeup. I am also transitioning to using all vegan bath and body products and further I am transitioning to all natural in an effort to save money and keep my skin nice and healthy and young looking as I get older. In a few months I am turning 30, and the fine lines are popping up under my eyes...so me going all natural and treating myself to that has something to do with these lines that are showing up.

I have been a vegetarian coming up on 10 years now. I went veggie because I love animals and cannot harm them. I have been vegan on and off. My biggest problem is boredom with food after awhile on a vegan diet. But I eat about 90-95% vegan and use everything vegan that iI can both around the house and in my bathroom.

I have two cats, Gizmo is going to be 2 in July and Panza is 10. I will post pics of them in the blog I am sure, so you will all get to know them. They are my babies!

I am completely addicted to Everysay minerals makeup. www.everydayminerals.com. Completely vegan line and all natural too, I highly recommend them. For an idea of my obsession, check these pics of my caboodle and my drawer set filled with makeup:

My Caboodle before I switched over to a plastic drawer set:
Full Caboodle

The top drawer of my new drawer set:
top drawer

The middle drawer which contains all of my wedding day makeup:
middle drawer

the bottom drawer whcih houses empty containers, misc makeup and my nail polishes:
bottom

You can get this plastic drawer set for $12 at target. Highly recommended. The Caboodle is also a target special and can be purchased for $25.

I will be posting a lot of my looks on this blog, probably a daily look. I will also post pics of the makeup colors whether it is in the jars or swatched on my arms.

I am going to be reviewing other makeup companies as well, I have some MAC makeup and recently ordered through E.L.F. which is supposedly all vegan but there is honey extract in a lotion. Not vegan! http://www.eyeslipsface.com/home

I am also an fitness buff. I workout 5-6 days a week, I eat healthy and I am always looking for all natural supplements or products to make me healthier. I tend to get sick a lot, I have a weak immune system so I look for anything I can do to help that out.

I deal with insomnia and anxiety. I will be posting what has worked for me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment